Where I watched it: Netflix
This is just embarrassing. Jonah Hill tries his hardest to be hip and cool by writing a movie where everyone thinks he's hip and cool. Of course, the reality is that he looks like an absolute buffoon in every scene. The chemistry between him and the love of his life is literally non-existant. The heartfelt moments are barf-worthy. Everyone is crazy rich (Jonah Hill's character actually quits their office job in favor of a life of podcasting and remains super well off financially), and because of this, relatability is naturally quite limited.
The editing choices are super outdated and in no way as cool as the filmmakers thought they'd be. Every scene change is accompanied by blaring top 40 music which coupled with the chalkboard transition templates makes it feel like it was pieced together by a 90 year old who tells other 90 year olds that he "gets" the "culture."
I was constantly on the verge of turning this off but held out hope that maybe Eddie Murphy would save the movie. Nope. He's on autopilot, and there's really nothing remotely funny about his character or performance.
I can't believe I watched the whole thing, although truth be told, I was playing a game on my phone called "Plague, Inc." throughout most of the movie and let me tell you, that game is fantastic. With this movie on in the background, you'll have all the motivation you need to destroy the world with a deadly plague.
0/10
Comments
Post a Comment