"The Wonder" is an extremely slow film about the power of belief. The story follows a young Irish girl who her family claims hasn't eaten in 4 months. The town brings in a nurse and a nun to get a science vs faith diagnosis of what's going on with this young lady.
Lots of people stand around. Or sometimes they sit.
Occasionally they'll say something.
I was struggling to keep my attention on this movie but it was really challenging me to do so. I don't think this is a bad movie by any means, the story is curious enough and the subtext is thought provoking but holy shit is it ever long, slow and boring.
Florence Pugh is great as always and the acting in general is pretty solid.
I think this might have worked better as an episode of Cabinet of Curiosities. An hour long, maybe upping the creepy factor a bit.
5/10
Comments
Post a Comment