This is a strange one. The first 20 minutes are a real challenge. Extreme shaky camera for no reason. Extremely unlikeable lead character. Questionable acting.
Once you get past this part and Kate Dickie enters the picture, things get substantially better. I've been trying to figure out how to word this without it seeming weird or inappropriate but I think if you know... you know.... So here it is: Kate Dickie has the hardest working nipples in the film biz. See "Matriarch" and "The VVitch" for proof. Kate Dickie is also excellent in the music video for "Second" by Sleaford Mods. My points of reference for her are fairly limited (I've never seen Game of Thrones).
Anyway Kate Dickie is great and the movie becomes fairly engaging once the shit starts to hit the fan.
The film gets pretty bonkers toward the end... a little cheap looking but if you can put that aside there's some pretty creepy and unique imagery. I actually think this is what "Harvest Lake" was trying to be.
Points lost for the beginning being boring AF and the lead being annoying until the very end.
6/10
Comments
Post a Comment