"Upgrade" is the latest film from Leigh Whannel (the screenwriter behind the Insidious movies) and Blumhouse (production company behind Get Out, The Purge and various horror-based hits/misses).
I'm just going to tell you right now, I loved this film. It's hilarious, gory and just plain fun. Never a dull moment in this futuristic revenge flick. The film revolves around a man named "Grey" played by Logan Marshall-Green who I thought (even hoped) I'd never see again after Prometheus. Grey is the victim of an act of violence that results in his wife's death and leaves him paralyzed as a quadriplegic. After spending months immobilized, Grey's friend installs a chip inside of his neck called STEM that allows him to move again. What he isn't told however is that STEM is sentient. STEM then goes on to assist Grey in reaping his revenge in god-mode on the assailants who murdered his wife.
Superb acting, super creative camera work, amazing practical effects and a solid script. If I had to rate this movie, which I don't... I'd give it an 8/10.
Comments
Post a Comment