"Flatliners" (2017)
Wow. This movie fell flat. The only way you'd enjoy it is if you didn't have a pulse. While watching this I thought about how much more exciting flatlining would be as an alternative to the movie watching experience.
Ok. I am done.
This is maybe one of the worst movies ever made. I was shocked to see it had a 5% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and thought "there's no way it could be THAT bad." But yes... Yes it is. It's a lousy remake to a film that wasn't even that popular to begin with. All of the characters are extremely irritating and unlikable and make you hate them right from the start. There is no logical build up to the "flatlining"... One person just kinda says "did anyone wonder what happens after death? Let me die now and see what happens." And then everyone decides to try it out despite the fact that they're all med school students who should know a thing or two about the dangers of... DYING.
This was shot in Toronto so you'll notice some U of T buildings which was literally the only thing holding my attention. The acting is atrocious and parts of it are shot in different frame rates that make the action sequences look cheap and made-for-TV.
I feel like the script wasn't proof read or there was no script supervisor present on set. Example: After finding out another doctor had mis-treated a patient, Diego Luna's character says, "Don't worry, mistakes happen to everyone." What?? I think what they meant to say was "Everyone makes mistakes." The irony is rich I know.
Anyway... This movie is total garbage. Steer clear.
Rating:
1/10
Ok. I am done.
This is maybe one of the worst movies ever made. I was shocked to see it had a 5% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and thought "there's no way it could be THAT bad." But yes... Yes it is. It's a lousy remake to a film that wasn't even that popular to begin with. All of the characters are extremely irritating and unlikable and make you hate them right from the start. There is no logical build up to the "flatlining"... One person just kinda says "did anyone wonder what happens after death? Let me die now and see what happens." And then everyone decides to try it out despite the fact that they're all med school students who should know a thing or two about the dangers of... DYING.
This was shot in Toronto so you'll notice some U of T buildings which was literally the only thing holding my attention. The acting is atrocious and parts of it are shot in different frame rates that make the action sequences look cheap and made-for-TV.
I feel like the script wasn't proof read or there was no script supervisor present on set. Example: After finding out another doctor had mis-treated a patient, Diego Luna's character says, "Don't worry, mistakes happen to everyone." What?? I think what they meant to say was "Everyone makes mistakes." The irony is rich I know.
Anyway... This movie is total garbage. Steer clear.
Rating:
1/10
Comments
Post a Comment