Don't watch Redlettermedia's Plinketto #10 episode before watching this.
A true RE-quel, this movie is the EXACT same movie as the first Scream but by adding legacy characters, it also acts as a sequel of sorts.
First off, I'm gonna say something that some will resent me for... I've never thought too highly of the Scream franchise. The only thing it has going for it is it's self awareness and this new entry is no different.
Awful acting throughout with a few exceptions, including a pretty great performance from David Arquette who has aged like a fine wine, not a Paul Rudd standard of wine but decently fermented none the less.
Absolutely fascinating watching David Arquette and Courtney Cox acting like they were married and broke up. Life imitating art imitating life.
Pretty bland kills and for the ones that were actually kinda cool, they were ruined by shit CG.
These movies are like the equivalent of Sharknado movies for me. I'll complain about everything about them but I still end up watching them so that must speak for something.
Still, I think they could do something better with these movies.
3/10
Comments
Post a Comment