Where I streamed it: Netflix
This is just awful.
"The Bubble" is the latest straight to Netflix comedy from Judd Apatow and is a glimpse into the painfully uninteresting world of movie stars on set during Covid-19 lockdowns. Hugely unrelatable unless you yourself are an actor who has experienced what it's like to be on a blockbuster movie set during the height of the pandemic.
Alienating the audience isn't its only failing... it's also not funny... and it tries really, really hard to be funny. It felt like they were shooting and "writing" this film as they went along, the dialog felt improvised and the plot line was never clear.
Shame that they dragged an all star cast down with the ship. Keegan-Michael Key tried... I could see it in his eyes... but alas...
Fred Armisen was an embarrassment.
I kept wondering why anyone would make this movie while I was watching it and then it all clicked when I saw the credits... Iris Apatow... Judd Apatow... Apatow?!... APATOW!! THIS IS A F@#&ING KEVIN SMITH MOVIE!!
Also, way too late to be coming out with this quarantine stuff when most of North America doesn't have these kinds of restrictions anymore.
This film is garbage.
1/10
Comments
Post a Comment