Where I streamed it: Prime
Where do I start with this?
So this is another disaster movie (in more ways than one) by renowned disaster artist Roland Emmerich. It stars Patrick Wilson and Halle Berry and is about AN ALIEN A.I. THAT DRILLS ITS WAY INTO THE MOON (WHICH TURNS OUT TO BE A MEGASTRUCTURE BUILT BY AN ALIEN CIVILIZATION) CAUSING THE MOON TO FALL OUT OF ORBIT WREAKING HAVOC UPON THE PLANET THROUGH FLOODS, RELENTLESS METEOR PUMMELING AND GRAVITATIONAL NONSENSE.
This movie has a little bit of everything from Emmerich's previous films. The disaster elements of 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow with the alien sci-fi aspects of Independence Day. For a man who seemingly gets off on watching buildings crumble and cities flood, this is truly Roland Emmerich's ultimate cumpilation reel.
Of course it goes without saying that this movie is terrible. But I'll tell you what, I watched this in bed sporting a gnarly hangover and it was exactly what I needed. It's just silliness upon silliness and it gets sillier with each passing moment. The gravity stuff is comedic gold.
You can't expect a lot from a Roland Emmerich movie in terms of substance but if you turn your brain off and just take it for what it is, it can be rather enjoyable.
I'm not sure how to go about rating this. It's obviously not good. But it was perfect for nursing a hangover and making me laugh. Soooo....
I'm going to rate this:
4 Patrick Wilsons out of 10
Comments
Post a Comment